The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 131 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment For All" around the world by training experts in the field to properly diagnose and manage patients, advocating for adequate supply of safe treatment products, and educating and empowering people with bleeding disorders to help them live healthier, longer and more productive lives.
The WFH is looking for a knowledgeable & experienced (world health, NFP), results-oriented Compliance Specialist / Manager – 12 months TEMPORARY (extension or regular possible) with superior analytical and interpersonal skills to establish the framework and be responsible for the oversight and management of the WFH's compliance initiatives and activities.
Type of position: full time, 12 months TEMPORARY; possibility of extension or permanence
Reports to: WFH Strategy & Communications Director / WFH USA National Director
Location: Montréal (Que.) Headquarters
Entry date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - latest June 2017
Reporting to the WFH Strategy & Communications Director / WFH USA National Director, the Compliance Specialist / Manager (12 month TEMPORARY - extension possible) ensures organizational compliance (world health, NFP) and manages all related activities for both the WFH and WFH USA, including the WFH Humanitarian Aid Program, fundraising regulations, organizational risk management, and the review of contractual agreements involving either organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Conduct the internal investigation of WFH and WFH USA programs compliance issues (world health, NFP)
- Coordinate and lead risk assessment activities
- Develop and disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance initiatives and activities
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities and investigation outcomes
- Develop plans to address emerging compliance issues with senior management
- Develop and oversee control systems to identify, prevent or respond to legal and regulatory compliance
- Identify areas for improvement, evaluate the efficiency of controls, and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports, etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Collaborate with legal counsels to ensure organizational interests are managed and reviewed
- Identify compliance issues and ensure relevant advice and training is provided to staff, Board members, and volunteers where needed
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory/oversight bodies as appropriate
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of compliance activities
- Assume responsibilities and accomplish other tasks related to the position as required by the WFH USA National Director / WFH Director of Strategy & Communications.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS –
Demonstrated experience as effective compliance professional (ex., medical / pharmaceutical industry)
6-9 years of relevant experience in compliance management in the health not-for-profit or public sector (preferred)
In-depth knowledge of compliance management and oversight
Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping in law, finance, business administration or related field a s a compliance professional - an asset
Excellent analytical skills, with the proven ability to understand the implications and complexities of different regulations and contractual agreements
Ability to think critically, collaborate with others in a diverse team of staff and volunteers, as well as work autonomously
Highly motivated, efficient individual
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to work well with volunteers and as part of an international team
Excellent English (written and oral - language of work) communications skills; working knowledge of Spanish and/or French - an asset
Excellent knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with Access and SQL preferred
Willingness and flexibility to undertake occasional international travel.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in confidence an English CV & cover letter no later than April 28, 2017 (Fri.) to:
E: recrutement.recruiting F: +1 514.875.8916
The World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l'hémophilie http://www.wfh.org
Gestionnaire ressources humaines - HR Manager
1425, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 1010 Montréal, Qc H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l'affichage est disponible selon la demande.