Manager, Statistical Programming
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
The Manager, Statistical Programming will be a home-based role located within the United States or Canada. Eastern or Central time zones are preferred. The Manager, Statistical Programming will work within the FSP model.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
• Ensures that the Statistical Programming department meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, complies with contractual project requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and conducts projects within budget.
• May participate in the development of department SOPs and guidelines, promoting standardized and consistent processes to maximize the efficiency of the Statistical Programming department.
• Responsible for staff development, training and retention. Oversees development of direct reports by setting goals, managing performance, evaluating and monitoring training needs, supporting development plans, mentoring, and coaching.
• Facilitates succession planning and maintains a Statistical Programming staff with diverse skills, abilities, and competencies meeting the business needs of the Statistical Programming department.
• Makes recommendations for, and participates actively in hiring, onboarding, transferring, and terminating staff.
• Maintains a good working knowledge of clinical drug development, ICH, and other regulatory guidelines, and statistical programming in order to effectively serve as a Statistical Programming department mentor. Develops and provides training for Statistical Programming associates.
• Prioritizes activities across Statistical Programming projects and facilitates mutually beneficial resolutions to project conflicts between groups or individuals, creating solutions to address business and operational challenges.
• Supports the assignment of, or directly assigns Statistical Programmers to projects in a manner which keeps associates at their utilization goal and which matches associates to projects appropriate to their skills, training and experience.
• May be responsible for leading or supporting projects across multiple studies or programs.
• May support business development activities.
• May participate in or lead departmental or corporate initiatives.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required.
What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred, ideally in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
• Extensive experience in programming in a clinical trial setting with increasing levels of responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous management experience or demonstrated leadership ability. Proven ability to prioritize projects and manage resources.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.