Senior IT Project Manager
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Coordinates all key project meetings, phone calls, meeting rooms, etc.
• Works with business stakeholders and vendors to finalize and get signoff on detailed scope of the project in line with the high-level scope set forth in any Statements of Work (SoW) & project charters
• Following applicable IT SOPs and policies, works with the appropriate IT, vendor team, and business teams to develop the project timeline / schedule to deliver the project
• Ensures all required deliverables are included in the overall project schedule and are completed by the project
• As necessary for applicable projects, collaborates with the Validation Manager to ensure the system’s validation needs are assessed and defined
• Prepares for and conducts the project kickoff meeting
• Begins preparations for Service Readiness Planning (handoffs to Production Support) at the onset of the project
• Manages overall scope of the project as defined in the project charter, including the scope, schedule, financials, etc.
• Manages overall project communications, including communications to executive stakeholders, IT colleagues, vendors, business stakeholders, and clients as needed
• Manages overall financials (more below) of the project, ensuring key financial information is always up to date in the IT project portfolio
• Maintains issues & risks logs, ensuring issues & risks are categorized and prioritized appropriately, working with project stakeholders on risk mitigation strategies and action plans for issues, and escalating / raising at appropriate times
• Manages the project schedule, baselining it and getting sign-off on it when scope is finalized, and always managing actuals vs. forecast vs. baseline
• Conducts regular (e.g. weekly), action-oriented, project status meetings with all key project stakeholders
• As dictated by the scope of the project, works in close collaboration with vendor resources, multiple business units, and all IT teams to ensure the project is getting executed and will deliver the baselined scope within budget and schedule
• When necessary, gets involved in tasks to ensure their quality and success
• Ensures all key deliverables are being produced, stored in the appropriate repository, and when applicable, signed-off on
• Prepares weekly status reports (SharePoint) and monthly / bi-monthly steering committee presentations (as required)
• In coordination with Finance, ensures purchase orders are closed
• Ensures all project deliverables are housed in the project document repository (SharePoint)
• Manages all activities required for production cutover including a smooth handoff to Production Support and the associated decommissioning of any legacy systems / contracts
• Obtains business acceptance of newly released production systems
• Conducts lessons learned / postmortem meeting with IT, business, and vendor resources
• Manages overall project finances as defined in the approved Investment Request Form (IRF)
• In coordination with Finance, setup purchase orders, track invoices, track actual / committed spend / accruals, etc.
• Ensures resources assigned to tasks for a given project are executing those tasks
• Identifies out of line situations and takes appropriate actions to remedy them
• Is expected to fully understand the goals of the project and means of achieving them while providing the leadership needed to accomplish them
• Works with the project team and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition of the project’s solution into productive use
What we’re looking for
• Professional system implementation / project management experience & professional experience managing information technology projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a technical concentration (e.g., Computer Science, etc.)
• Relevant Pharmaceutical / CRO industry experience
• Exposure to a broad range of technologies (infrastructure, application) desired
• Ability to convey technical matters to non-technical stakeholders in an understandable way
• Ability to operate with limited oversight and needs to command the respect of a broad range of business and technology stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously if necessary
• Proficient at recognizing and defining risks and developing response and mitigation plans for them.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Project and common Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Power Point, Word, One Note)
• Experience working with SharePoint (or similar) project workspaces / document repositories
• Experience managing Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and / or Software as a Service (SaaS) projects, including integrations into and out of these systems, data migrations, etc.
• Technically skilled Project Management professional comfortable defining and managing the tasks of architects, business analysts, developers, database administrators, infrastructure, security, and other technical functions
• Proficient at forecasting and managing project spend
• Must have experience working with local and virtual teams.
• Must have experience managing mixed internal/vendor and vendor-only project delivery teams
• Preferred – Systems Integration Consulting / Management Consulting experience
• Preferred - PMP Certification
• Preferred - Agile / Scrum system development lifecycle experience
• Preferred - Past IT experience in other, hands-on capacities (e.g., developer, database administrator, etc.)
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.