Senior Biostatistician (RWE - Late Phase Specific)
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you'll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
The RWE Statistician is involved in planning, conducting and analyzing real-world evidence studies (prospective & retrospective observational study, electronic medical records, claim database…), and/or large database .
The Statistician is responsible for working with research associates and scientists to establish a reporting database and for analyzing data for real world evidence studies.
• Provides support across all assigned statistical tasks during the lifecycle of the project, from protocol to CSR.
• Prepares Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), including development of well-presented mock-up displays for tables, listings, and figures. Collaborate with the sponsor, if required.
• May be responsible for the statistical aspects of the protocol, generation of randomization schedule, publications and input to the clinical study report.
• Coordinates the activities of other biostatistics and statistical programming personnel on assigned projects to ensure timely completion of high quality work. Provides independent review of project work produced by other biostatisticians in the department.
• Creates or reviews programming specifications for analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures.
• Reviews SAS annotated case report forms (CRFs), database design, and other study documentation to ensure protocol criteria are met and all data is captured as required to support a high quality database and the planned analysis.
• Conducts and participates in verification and quality control of project deliverables, ensuring that output meets expectations and is consistent with analysis described in SAP and specifications.
• Implements company objectives, and create alternative solutions to address business and operational challenges.
• Serves as biostatistics representative on project teams, interfacing as necessary with other departmental project team representatives. This would include preparing in advance for internal meetings, contributing ideas, and demonstrating respect for opinions of others.
• Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects, sets goals based on priorities from management, adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload, and proactively communicates to biostatistics management any difficulties with meeting these timelines.
• Monitors progress on study activities against agreed upon milestones and ensures the study timelines for project deliverables are met. Identifies out of scope tasks and escalate to management.
• Provides statistical programming support as needed.
• May participate in Data Safety Monitoring Board and/or Data Monitoring Committee activities, including charter development and serving as an independent non-voting biostatistician.
• May lead projects involving integrated analyses, attend regulatory agency meetings or respond to questions, as needed, to support the statistical analysis results of clinical trials on behalf of the sponsor.
• Follows applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
• Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, and verification/quality control documents and programs; ensuring inspection readiness.
• Displays willingness to work with others and assists with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• Supports business development activities by contributing to proposals, budgets, and attending sponsor bid defense meetings.
• Coaches and mentors other Biostatistics staff.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required.
What we're looking for
• Graduate degree in biostatistics or related discipline.
• Moderate experience in clinical trials or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in programming.
• Ability to apply knowledge of statistical design, analysis, relevant regulatory guidelines, and programming techniques utilized in clinical research and to effectively communicate statistical concepts.
• Experience across all statistical tasks required to support clinical trials during the lifecycle of the project, from protocol to CSR.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
***Proven experience in conducting and analyzing real-world evidence studies (prospective & retrospective observational study, electronic medical records, claim database…), and/or large database required.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you'll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
US Only Salary Range - At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position may include a company car or car allowance, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and individual performance, and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from USD72,540 to USD 145,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.