At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centers, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further.
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Supervisor, Lab Operations - Microbiology to join our team in Belleville.
This is a full-time role. This role rotates through days and evening shifts. Rotation to other shifts depending on operational need.
As a Supervisor overseeing Microbiology department, you will be responsible for the achievement of departmental goals and targets relating to People, Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. You will be responsible for all day to day operational activities i.e. planning, coordinating, evaluating and overseeing all technical and operational activities within the lab.
In this role you will:
• In collaboration with the Manager, attract and retain talent, including hiring, onboarding, and training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports
• Conduct performance management of employees; ensure accurate documentation of all required documentation as it relates to performance
• Effectively work and liaise with other functional areas ( Logistics, Client Services, Materials)
• Develop and approve employee schedules, manage sick time, vacation and personal leaves as they related to company policies
• Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports; ensure all individual and team accountabilities are understood and met
• Identify, implement and manage in support of continuous improvement relating to quality, safety, productivity, and customer service and employee development.
• Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
• Actively participate in regional Leadership Team meetings
• In line with all IQMH requirements, support a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
The right person for this role will also be focused on implementing business plans including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading smaller local projects and teams.
• College Diploma - Medical Laboratory Technologist or equivalent education and experience
• Must have relevant recent experience, knowledge and technical skills in the appropriate field
• Current registration with College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
• Minimum of 5 years laboratory experience or equivalent experience
• Must have technical knowledge, proven people leadership skills and change management abilities.
Must be a "self-starter" and able to create a positive employee relations climate, fostering common
Goals and teamwork.