Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Medical Lab Technologist to join our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our Medical Lab Technologists provide accurate and timely interpretive and diagnostic specimen testing and reporting. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
This is a Full- Time role with an overnight shfit and weekend rotation schedule. LifeLabs’ facilities are also known as “teaching laboratories,” offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
Please see the 5 Technical Elements:
1. The successful candidate must be comfortable with APX, MEWS, and Intrlab systems.
2. The successful candidate must have a strong background in Automated blood culture analyzers, Automated Identification and susceptibility analyzers, specifically the Bactec FX, Bruker MALDI-ToF, and Vitek.
3. The successful candidate may have experience in Kiestra Total Lab Automation
4. The successful candidate must demonstrate a good understanding of Total Quality Management System and application of this knowledge in ensuring the release of good quality results.
5. Preference will be given to candidates who have the ability to troubleshoot and provide corrective action to discordant results.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.