IntelliSyn Pharma Inc. is looking for an exceptionally qualified pharmaceutical synthetic research scientists to help drive our drug discovery programs. The main duties include, among others, the design and execution of efficient, effective, multi-step synthetic routes toward complex organic compounds including heterocycles, steroids, and oligosaccharides.
Specific job functions include:
(1) the safe handling of potentially dangerous materials,
(2) synthesis and characterization of organic compounds,
(3) efficient execution of a broad range of organic synthesis techniques (e.g. handling sensitive chemicals and working under inert atmosphere),
(4) purification of organic compounds by flash chromatography, reverse phase chromatography, preparative HPLC, crystallization, and distillation),
(5) analysis of organic compounds by all common methods including HPLC, LC/MS, TLC and interpretation of results obtained by spectroscopic techniques (MS, 1D and 2D NMR),
6) performing literature searches using chemistry databases (SciFinder, Reaxys) and in applying the results to solve synthetic challenges in the lab,
(7) Fluency in oral and written English,
(8) Experience in parallel synthesis techniques is a plus,
(9) Expertise in total synthesis, peptide chemistry or bioconjugation chemistry is a plus,
(10) Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and within an international team environment is required
Requirement and working conditions
Level of studies: Position requires a Ph.D in synthetic organic chemistry and expert-level experience in the synthesis of drug-like small heterocycles. Also requires extensive understanding of structural analysis by multi-dimensional NMR and thorough familiarity with purification technologies. Other training required: NMR spectroscopy, medicinal chemistry, multi-step organic synthesis
Years or experience related to the job: 1 year of experience in the synthesis of complex heterocycles. Expertise in safe handling of toxic, flammable, and air-sensitive reagents. Skills required also include (1) an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in organic synthesis, (2) thorough organic chemistry mechanistic understanding, (3) demonstrated expertise in complex heterocyclic and organometallic synthesis, total synthesis, transition metal catalysis, and asymmetric catalysis, and (4) expertise in NMR spectroscopy for structural elucidation including use of multi-dimensional experiments such as NOESY and COSY.
Salary offered: $67,500.
Number of hours per week: 40,00
Vacations: 15 days
Employment Status: Permanent
Position detail: full time, day
Job start date: 2018/10/15
Please email your resume to: ****@************.com.