Job Description - CRA II/ Sr CRA I/ Sr CRA II (French-Speaking) - Canada (18005043)
CRA II/ Sr CRA I/ Sr CRA II (French-Speaking) - Canada-(18005043)
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.
Completes project activities associated with monitoring functions of Phase I-IV clinical research studies while developing mastery and a thorough understanding of the drug development process, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and relevant regulations. Provides clinical and technical support for Clinical Research Associates (CRA) I and II and administrative staff. Performs management of study site activities to ensure the integrity of clinical data, in adherence to all applicable regulatory guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Project Specific Operating Procedures.
1. Communication - Maintains timely and effective communication among team members and site staff. Routinely anticipates/identifies potential issues and implements corrective actions independently. Keeps project leadership apprised of team issues, seeking guidance as needed. Demonstrates effective conflict resolution.
2. Regulatory Documentation - Assures compliance with local regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)/ International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) and GCP guidelines, and Company and Sponsor SOPs. Maintains current regulatory documentation according to Essential Regulatory Document Guidelines and Trial Master File (TMF) Plan. Participates in TMF and on-site audits as requested. Responds to less complex findings without oversight and may require guidance to respond to more complex/serious findings. May be responsible for submission of regulatory packages to ethics committees and/or competent authorities.
3. Monitoring - Responsible for site management and site staff performance including: monitors all types of clinical trials; participates in all types of site visits; assures compliance with all protocol requirements; assures effective patient identification and recruitment plan is in place; assures timely reporting of Adverse Events (AEs)/Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and protocol violations; ensures proper storage, dispensation, and accountability of all Investigational Product(s) and trial-related materials; regularly reviews the status of the contents of the site regulatory binder; exhibits effective time management skills; may perform training visits with less experienced CRAs; and may perform assessment of less experienced CRAs during the sign-off visits.
4. Data Handling - Performs source data verification according to contractual requirements. Assures timely completion and submission of Case Report Forms according to Clinical Monitoring Plan and/or Data Management Plan. Assures timely and accurate completion of Data Clarification Forms. Proficient with multiple data capture systems/methodologies in course of monitoring. Performs clinical data listings reviews as needed.
5. Reporting and Tracking - Completes and submits reports according to SOP/Works Instructions (WI) or Sponsor requirements requiring minimal revisions. Maintains awareness of key study performance indicators for own sites, e.g. Telephone Communications Reports, patient enrollment, and SAEs. Updates study and patient status information and serves as Clinical Trial Management System resource for Project Manager (PM)/Lead CRA. Tracks Investigator payments/milestones. Documents and tracks the resolution of all outstanding site-specific protocol-related issues from visit to visit.
6. Administrative - Prepares for and attends Investigator meetings. May attend Customer and Business Development meetings. May present materials, as requested. Assists with the preparation of study start-up materials and tools, as requested. Attends clinical monitoring staff meetings, project team meetings, clinical committees, and clinical training sessions according to the project communication, monitoring, and/or training plans.
Education - BA/BS degree in science/health care field or nursing degree or equivalent combined education and experience
Previous practical experience in conducting clinical pharmaceutical research studies as a Clinical Research Associate or Site Monitor, with a pharmaceutical company or CRO, including independently performing Pre-Study, Site Initiation, Interim Monitoring and Close-out Visits
Strong understanding of SOPs, WIs, FDA, and local regulations as well as ICH GCP guidelines
Excellent command of written and spoken English language
Ability and willingness to travel 75% of the time, primarily via plane, on a regular basis
Must have valid, current driver's license and ability to secure corporate credit card.
ACRP CCRA or equivalent certification/credentials strongly preferred.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.