Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Provides extensive employee relations advice and support and serves as an intermediary/counsel between management and employees. Conducts thorough and objective investigations. Advises and coaches managers through all stages of performance management, conflict resolution, disciplinary and grievances, exit interviews and terminations. Close liaison with the Legal department and executive management with robust analysis for involuntary terminations.
• Senior HR contact for the employees and managers in the assigned country/countries, acting as a liaison between the employee and the Corporate HR department
• Assists with performance appraisal process, providing guidance and acting as an advisor to managers in the writing of appraisal feedback.
• Provides guidance and interpretation of HR policies, processes and procedures throughout assigned country/countries. Contributes to the development and implementation of HR strategies that result in improving business productivity, integration, efficiencies, employee engagement and employee retention.
• Analysis HR metrics and determines appropriate measures and action based on findings for assigned country/countries. Liaises with corporate HR department on any appropriate measures.
• Provides compensation and benefit support/counsel deferring to Compensation and Benefits where necessary. Formulates recommendations on external employment offers, promotions, and markets adjustments as well as benefit decisions with supporting market data and may work with local benefit providers.
• Prepares and edits employee communications relevant to assigned country/countries in order to provide employees with timely and accurate information to foster open communication and good engagement with employees.
• Ensures all HR related documents and templates remain current and compliant.
• Prepares and approves employment contracts, manages the probation processes advising managers through any poor performance resolutions
• Participates in Company projects and change management initiatives, coordinating events in local country/countries
• Provides support and guidance to management on long- term sickness and special cases. Manages any accident related issues reporting them to internal and external bodies as required.
• Liaises with the works council and staff representatives in appropriate countries. Attend sand participates in necessary meetings and provides guidance in employment issues.
• May provide managerial oversight of monthly payroll. Works with Finance department and payroll provider to ensure all data and procedures are up to date
• Line management responsibilities for staff members, which may include interviewing and selection, development, performance management, coaching and mentoring, corrective actions and terminations. Reviews and approves time sheets, expenses, leave requests etc.
What we’re looking for
• Has up to date and thorough working knowledge of employment legislation in appropriate countries, and its application in practice.
• Proven HR Generalist experience is required within a commercial and/or regional business role.
• Exceptional organizational, planning and communication skills are required, together with proven leadership capabilities.
• Be a proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills, able to manage relationships and conflicting priorities.
• Experienced in developing, and supporting line managers through change.
• Experience of strong influencing skills based on stakeholder engagement and relationship building.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
• Is self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.