Research Assistant I
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Ensure well-being and safety of subjects on study (e.g. Intervene and document when adverse events occur)
• Adhere to the timeframes required by the study.
• Perform and supervise general task according to the protocol or to the study conduct (e.g. vital signs, electrocardiograms, physiological data measurement, meals distribution and monitoring, preparation of required supplies and equipment, etc.)
• Perform technical activities related to their field of expertise and/or related to specific trainings (e.g. catheter insertion and venipuncture, medication administration, etc.)
• Ensure that the informed consent form is appropriately explained, understood and completed by the subject.
• Ensure that the supplies are available in sufficient quantity for the well conduct of activities.
• Offer a good quality customer service experience.
• May be assigned other clinical tasks.
What we’re looking for
Position in Canada
• Vocational diploma in health, assistance and nursing with updated qualifications, or a college degree in Medical Laboratory Techniques or in Biomedical Analysis Technology.
• English level: Required bilingualism includes understanding various messages, exchanging verbally on subjects related to the tasks to be executed, and writing simple messages.
• Active membership of either OIIAQ or OPTMQ.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.