Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Plan, organize, manage and monitor the work unit’s activities/operations according to the field of expertise, the work plan, and the needs of the division and/or the organization in order to achieve the expected results.
• Prepare, revise and/or approve all documentation related to the assigned projects.
• Manage the assigned resources of projects to ensure client timelines are met.
• Provide technical expertise to the laboratory staff.
• Daily interaction with the technical/scientific team and the management to establish priorities of assignments.
• Communicate the necessary information in order to keep the team and the organization abreast of the work unit’s work plan, projects, processes, results, actions and recommendations taken to meet arising needs.
• Advise internal/external clients of the division’s particular areas of expertise by assessing needs and carrying our analysis and follow-up.
• Represent the work unit, both internally and externally, as a source for consultation and/or information and/or reference.
• Ensure the training is available for team members.
• Can be called upon to help develop the work unit’s budget, ensure that it is being adhered to, perform budget follow-up for pertinent stakeholders and recommend actions in an effort to achieve the expected results.
• Help develop and analyze the work unit’s performance indicator systems according to established objectives.
• Identify opportunities to improve the department’s work plan and processes.
• Determine, as needed, the necessary actions to improve efficiency.
• Responsible for performing activities that are in compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Operating guidelines and performing other duties as assigned by management.
What we’re looking for
Position in Canada:
• College Degree in Science
• English level: Required includes communicating verbally and in writing on topics that are often technical, and writing procedures or technical reports.
Position in US:
• Bachelor Degree in Science
Relative alternate certifications may be considered acceptable.
• Must demonstrate good computer skills especially in the utilization of Microsoft Word, Excel and analytical softwares.
• Experience in regulatory context will be considered an asset.
• Experience in managing technical staff.
• Experience in bioanalytical laboratory work.
• Excellent communications, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince and persuade.
• Demonstrate scientific problem solving skills.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.