ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Montreal, you supervise, coordinate and monitor the activities pertaining to the operation of a mobile blood drive. You ensure a safe, productive environment in keeping with Héma-Québec's regulatory, administrative and financial frameworks. You supervise the blood drive staff and volunteers as well as the members of the organizing committee working at the blood drive locations.
Specifically, you ensure that the employees work in keeping with the procedures in order to have a safe product at all times. You coordinate the blood drives and ensure that work relationships are well maintained and that the drives run smoothly in order to minimize wait times and provide high-quality customer service. You also work on various continuous-improvement projects to ensure efficient operations. Lastly, you prepare reports and perform various administrative tasks.
• Ensure that the employees work in keeping with the SOPs in order to have a safe product at all times;
• Plan the employee scheduling and provide specific information about the drives that you are the manager for;
• Coordinate the blood drives and ensure they run smoothly in order to minimize wait times and provide appropriate customer service;
• Are familiar with and ensure compliance with the collective agreements of the various union certifications representing the blood drive employees;
• Ensure a safe environment during blood drives for staff and volunteers as well as donors;
• Follow up with the various departments associated with the blood drives;
• Prepare reports and perform various administrative tasks;
• Implement changes pertaining to work methods, efficiency, or other type of change;
• Maintain good working relationships;
• Perform any other task required by your immediate supervisor.
• A technical diploma or university degree in a field deemed relevant;
• Three years of relevant experience in managing unionized staff;
• Experience in a regulated environment and in the health sector is a major asset;
• Fluent in French, both oral and written;
• Good knowledge of English, both oral and written;
• Proficient with computer tools, including the Microsoft Office suite;
• Are available to work variable schedules: days, evenings and weekends;
• Are available for frequent travel to various locations in western Quebec for two to four days at a time.
• An excellent customer-service approach;
• Excellent skills for effectively supervising, mobilizing and rallying a work team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an excellent approach focused on cooperation, communication and teamwork;
• Good organizational, planning and priority management skills;
• Exhibit thoroughness, independence and a strong ability to work under pressure.
The position offered is a replacement of approximately 12 months duration.
As well as the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Variable day, evening and weekend work schedules;
• Four weeks of vacation per year (anticipated);
• Flexible schedule;
• Group insurance;
• Defined benefit pension plan;
• Uniforms provided and meals paid for;
• Transportation provided and paid for from our Montreal facility.