ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of the Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement, the incumbent takes over responsibility for the projects assigned to him/her. In other words, he/she ensures that the projects are properly carried out in keeping with the scope, objectives, costs, delivery times and applicable regulations. He/she manages all project activities by pooling human, financial and physical resources, while factoring in clients' needs in order to achieve the objectives as effectively as possible. He/she must, through his/her actions, guarantee a high-quality level of service as part of his/her duties. Most of the time, the projects are multi-site ones.
• Carry out and supervise all activities needed for project planning, coordination, quality monitoring, control, completion and closure;
• Prepare the project charter and all documentation required for carrying it out;
• Define the strategies and implementation plans covering the scope, resources, schedules, costs, risks, quality, communications, training, and compliance with the regulatory requirements, as well as track the progress of them;
• Take responsibility for redefining the project parameters, along with all stakeholders, based on the new organizational expectations and objectives;
• Develop and apply methods for ensuring productivity, quality control and adherence to objectives and deliverables;
• Establish a change management plan in cooperation with all stakeholders in order to facilitate project implementation, and manage requests for mandate changes within the project;
• Ensure that you provide effective communication within the work team and other stakeholders in disseminating the information needed for supporting the process for approving project progress;
• Guide and oversee the day-to-day progress of the project;
• Prepare and submit progress status reports to the project committee;
• Develop and maintain performance indicators for effectively supporting decision-making and optimizing quality while projects are being carried out;
• Help maintain the tools used, such as project management methodologies and processes, while encouraging the use of collaborative tools and, as needed, suggesting new ones;
• Are in involved in preparing proposals in response to calls for tenders, developing contracts and, along with the purchasing and accounting departments, doing follow-up with suppliers in connection with billing;
• Are occasionally involved in developing product specifications and reviewing project-related business processes, and will be called upon to perform any other related duties.
• A university education in a discipline deemed relevant;
• At least ten (10) years of project management experience, including five (5) to seven (7) years in managing staff and a project management team in a context of organizational change;
• PMP certification is considered a major asset;
• Project management experience in the pharmaceutical field and/or a highly regulated industry is considered a major asset;
• Fluent in French, both oral and written;
• Proficient with computer tools and the Microsoft Office suite (specifically in-depth knowledge of the advanced features of Excel and MS Project);
• Knowledge of English is considered an asset;
• Available for regular travel to Quebec City and other Héma-Québec sites.
• Excellent project management knowledge, and skilled in managing work teams;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit good leadership in the management and collaboration of teamwork;
• Exhibit thoroughness, initiative, independence and be oriented towards achieving results in a context of change management;
• Experienced in being responsible for managing large-scale projects for multidisciplinary teams;
• Dynamic and capable of building work teams, aligning them with objectives and encouraging them to keep the project on track while being focused on clients, processes and results;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and have political acumen capable of influencing decision-making and negotiating;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills/competencies.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Four (4) weeks of vacation per year;
• Variable and flexible schedule;
• Group insurance;
• Defined benefit pension plan.