ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Stable Products, the incumbent manages the supply chain for a range of stable products so that the various parameters of the chain are under control. He/she proposes corrective measures when discrepancies in the target inventories are seen, in order to keep them at their respective levels at all times.
The incumbent is also called upon to manage various medical and regulatory aspects and communicate with our various internal and external clients.
• Prepare the accounts and forecast the demand for stable products and communicate the requirements to approved suppliers;
• Propose corrective measures when discrepancies in the target inventories are seen;
• Are actively involved in budget preparation and administer contracts pertaining to stable products;
• Develop and prepare the tendering strategy with the Head of Stable Products for the range of products under your management level;
• Prepare and implement the product transition plan following a call for tenders, and you interact with the clients involved during these transition exercises;
• Keep the information regarding active products up to date and disseminate it to both our internal and external clients via Héma-Québec's website, through circulars or through our internal communication network;
• Are actively involved in Health Canada's Special Access Programme, in preparing active inventions in the SAP system in order to make the products in question available quickly and, as required, you contact stakeholders in the communication chain;
• Prepare strategies that help increase efficiency in the Stable Products Department's processes by efficiently managing the computer system and doing thorough internal monitoring, which factors in reviewing the security reserves, evaluating the target inventories, tracking the expiry of active and blocked products, discards, inter-site transfers and, lastly, bimonthly meetings with internal partners.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or management science, preferably with a specialization in operations management and/or logistics;
• A Bachelor's degree in life sciences is considered a major asset;
• At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biology fields;
• Good work experience in a regulated environment is necessary;
• Fluent in French and English, both oral and written;
• Proficient with computer tools such as the Microsoft Office suite and SAP;
• Good knowledge of integrated management software packages (MRP module);
• Available for occasional travel in Québec and Ontario.
• Demonstrate thoroughness, independence and a strong ability to work under pressure;
• An excellent approach focused on client service satisfaction;
• Good operations management skills, change management skills, plus a focus on continuous improvement;
• Good organizing, planning and priority-management skills;
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, listening and a strong ability to synthesize;
• Goal- and/or results-oriented;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Daily work schedule of 35 hours per week;
• Four weeks of vacation per year;
• Group insurance;
• Defined benefit pension plan.