Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Ensures that the Biostatistics department meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, complies with contractual project requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and conducts projects within budget.
• May participate in the development of department SOPs and guidelines, promoting standardized and consistent processes to maximize the efficiency of the Biostatistical department.
• Responsible for staff development, training and retention. Oversees development of direct reports by setting goals, managing performance, evaluating and monitoring training needs, supporting development plans, mentoring, and coaching.
• Facilitates succession planning and maintains a Biostatistics staff with diverse skills, abilities, and competencies to meet the business needs of the Biostatistics department.
• Makes recommendations for, and participates actively in hiring, onboarding, transferring, and terminating staff.
• Maintains a good working knowledge of clinical drug development, ICH, and other regulatory guidelines, and biostatistics in order to effectively serve as a Biostatistics department mentor. Develops and provides training for Biostatistics associates.
• Prioritizes activities across Biostatistics projects and facilitates mutually beneficial resolutions to project conflicts between groups or individuals, creating solutions to address business and operational challenges.
• Supports the assignment of, or directly assigns Biostatisticians to projects in a manner which keeps associates at their utilization goal and which matches associates to projects appropriate to their skills, training and experience.
• May conduct senior review of project deliverables, ensuring that output meets expectations and is consistent with analysis described in study documents.
• May be responsible for leading or participating in projects across multiple studies or programs.
• May support business development activities.
• May participate in, or lead departmental or corporate initiatives.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required.
What we’re looking for
• Graduate degree, or equivalent, in biostatistics or related discipline.
• Extensive experience in clinical trials or equivalent combination of education and experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Previous management experience or demonstrated leadership ability preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of the drug development process, regulatory requirements and relevant guidelines.
• Experience with regulatory submissions preferred.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
This job excludes Colorado applicants
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.