Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Line management of Clinical Operations staff, responsibilities including administrative oversight, professional development, performance appraisals, and employee counselling for staff. May be involved in assignment of project work and will review workload for all direct reports. Manages staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge and skill levels, and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill level.
• Participate in managing the resource availability for the assigned staff/region, ensuring projects are suitably resourced and staffing needs are identified in a timely fashion, resolving potential resourcing conflicts to facilitate mutually beneficial resolutions.
• Provide expert operational oversight and guidance to support prioritization of activities, review and monitor the work performed, metric compliance, and development of contingency plans, among others.
• Assist in recruiting new staff, including participation in interview process and new hire on boarding. Proactively works to ensure staff retention and turnover rates remain within expected levels.
• Ensures quality and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions (SOP/WIs) and compliance with federal and local guidelines and ICH GCPs. Ensures all staff follows required training and completes the required documentation. Provides regular updates to management accordingly.
• Works closely within appropriate business unit/region to ensure staff performance on studies and correct deficiencies as identified by staff, clients, and auditors. Able to contribute to BU level process improvements. May provide business development support.
• May conduct various types of sign off and assessment visits to ensure Clinical Operations on-site performance. Develop and oversee training plans to address performance deficiencies. Ensures staff adheres to training guidelines, training records are maintained and individual and corporate training needs are identified and addressed.
• Organizes and chairs clinical staff meetings at regular intervals. Manages issues and provides follow up for action items requiring resolution.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, nursing degree, or equivalent related experience, plus extensive clinical research experience in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Company, including some time in a leadership capacity or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
• Extensive knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirement
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and change management skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
• Strong time management, technical and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Knowledge of basic financial concepts as related to forecasting and budgeting. Understands project budgets.
• Must demonstrate good computer skills and be able to embrace new technologies
• Ability to travel as necessary (up to 25%)
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.