Job Posting #916404
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Pharmacist in our Outpatient Pharmacy Team.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Outpatient Pharmacy Team, the principal responsibilities of the Pharmacist include: review and dispense all doctors medication orders for appropriateness; identify, resolve and prevent drug related problems; monitor drug therapy for effectiveness, toxicity and adherence to evidence based medicine/guidelines; conduct medication reconciliation; follow up on medication incidents and promote safe medication practices on the unit; respond to drug information questions; provide direct and/or functional supervision of technician staff.
The Pharmacist will facilitate program development, and quality improvement activities within the department, while exemplifying UHN’s values of caring, excellence, teamwork, innovation, integrity, leadership, and respect.
• Completion of a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required
• Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada required
• Active registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A) required
• Pharmacy Residency an asset
· Ambulatory Outpatient Pharmacy practice experience an asset
· Familiarity with common drug therapies, as well familiarity with dispensing processes for specialty medications
· Experience working in an ambulatory clinic or hospital environment, including developing a new clinical pharmacist role
· Certificate of competency from an accredited smoking cessation program and flu vaccination injection program an asset
· Working knowledge of adherence services including but not limited to compliance packaging, refill synchronization, and refill management
· Membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and/or other professional societies an asset
· Kroll experience an asset
· Synmed, Beacon automation experience an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: March 23, 2023 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.