OPSEU JOB POSTING # 847094
Position: Pharmacy Technician
Site: Transplant Outpatient Pharmacy; possibility of cross coverage at Toronto General Outpatient Pharmacy and Clinic Pharmacy
Department: Transplant Outpatient Pharmacy
Reports to: Manager
Salary Range: $27.95 - $32.23 per hour (Start rate: $27.95 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
As an integral member of the Pharmacy Services Outpatient Pharmacy Operations team, the PHARMACY TECHNICIAN is responsible for: working in conjunction with pharmacists in maintaining high standards of client relations; assisting pharmacists in accurately and efficiently performing all technical aspects relating to prescription dispensing responsibilities; preparing or compounding extemporaneous products using appropriate techniques under supervision of a pharmacist; performing activities relating to the maintenance and operation of Outpatient Pharmacy services; handling inventory and supplies and managing operations of blister packaging automation: and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• Completion of an accredited college level Pharmacy Technician Program required and if graduated prior to 2008, Certification with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (CPhT) or completion of Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada (PEBC) Evaluating Exam required.
• Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada preferred.
• Active licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) mandatory.
• Eligibility to register with OCP as RPhT required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines.
• Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery (e.g. automated blister packaging machine)
• Ability to work variable shifts.
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Manual billings, out of province billings and specialty medications related billing
• Experience/working knowledge of Beacon System, Kroll, SynMed automation, and Point of Sales System.
• Experience handling pharmacy inventory and supplies
POSTED DATE: August 8, 2019 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Posting # 847094
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.