Job Description - Sr. Clinical Trial Manager - Montreal (21010111)
Sr. Clinical Trial Manager - Montreal-(21010111)
Senior Clinical Operations Lead - Client Based in Downtown Montreal
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Ensure quality of the clinical monitoring and site management deliverables within a project and/or program and maintain proper visibility of its progress by the use approved systems and / or tracking tools. May include the development of the Clinical Management Plan (CMP)/Site Management Plan (SMP).
• Interact with the client and other functional departments related to clinical monitoring and site management activities and deliverables.
• May participate in business development activities including project clinical operations/site management strategy and budget input, defense meetings and proposal development.
• As required, provides development and delivery of initial and ongoing training to the study team regarding protocol specifics, Case Report Form (CRF) completion, Sponsor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), clinical plans and guidelines, data plans and timelines for the project. Plans and leads regular clinical project team calls to provide status updates, ongoing training and accountability to deliverables.
• May evaluate staff’s competency to perform visits/site contact independently via sign-off visits and Performance Assessment Visits (PAVs) according to company standards and process.
• Coaches and mentors COLs regarding functional clinical delivery, evaluation of project risks, and action implementation. Also sets priorities for the COL team to complete and manage on a regional and site level.
• Globally reviews Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), Case Report Form (CRF), drug management, safety, Trial Master File (TMF), IVRS/IWRS enrollment, Strategic Data Monitoring (SDM) and/or other dashboards to oversee site and project team conduct, ensures timely entry of all operational aspects (required visits, duration, and frequency) according to plan, and identifies risks to delivery or quality.
• Reviews the content and quality of site monitoring documentation (site monitoring calls, site visit reports, site letters, and pertinent correspondence), to ensure they represent site management activities and conduct. Ensures these deliverables are provided according to company and/or sponsor specifications, including delivery deadlines.
• Understands the monitoring strategy required for the project and, where required, participates in the development of the project risk assessment plan. Is accountable for the clinical teams’ understanding, ongoing compliance and delivery, according to the stated monitoring strategy, CMP/SMP, and risk plans
• Collaborates with other functional areas to ensure site compliance and delivery according to protocol, ICH/GCP and/or Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practices (GPP) and country regulations, including medical monitoring, Safety, Quality Assurance (QA). Ensures Inspection Readiness for Clinical Scope.
• As defined by scope may be responsible for team member clinical/site management project deliverables as the clinical functional team leader. Drives and manages the clinical and site management aspects of assigned project. May be a standalone lead or part of a regional or global clinical functional lead team. Reviews the study scope of work, budget and protocol content and ensures the clinical project team (CRAs/CMAs/SMAs) is aware of the parameters. Escalates to the PM any clinical/site management deliverables (timeline, quality, and budget) at risk, and any activities and requests which are out of contracted scope. Ensure alignment of clinical activities to budget, including identification of out of scope activities.
• As defined by scope may oversee the global project process and status of monitoring and data flow. Reviews status and trends at the study level, holds COL team accountable to manage at site and regional level for effective and timely Source Document Verification (SDV) and data flow, reviewing status of site and project eCRF entry, SDV, triggered monitoring conduct, query response, and data cleanliness. Proactively collaborates with data management functional lead to plan towards data cut and lock deadlines. Develops and executes corrective action plans at study (global) level to address any issues.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s degree or RN in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Prior line management experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and align teams in the achievement of project milestones, as well as demonstrated capability of working in a global environment
• Knowledge of basic clinical project financial principles
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
• Must demonstrate good computer skills and be able to embrace new technologies
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to apply problem solving techniques to resolve complex issues and apply a risk management approach to identifying and mitigating potential threats to the successful conduct of a clinical research project
• Demonstrates critical thinking to determine the cause and appropriate solution in the identification of issues
• Moderate travel may be required, approximately 20%
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.